10 January 2020



This year my company has decided to combine the annual Christmas dinner along with the annual dinner and possibly Chinese New Year. The venue - Botanica and Co near Bangsar South (a.k.a Pantai Dalam). The theme - Sequins, Glam & Glitter. They let us go home early for the dinner, about half an hour early. However since the dinner starts after 6:30PM, I was left hanging around Low Yat Plaza until 6:00PM. Can’t hang out at the office cause boss is around.

We had delicious food, free-flowing drinks, raffles and party games. Half the time I was thinking of my bike parked at the dispatch parking, wondering whether they have clamped it. From a dozen IT staff in the company for both campus, only 4 showed up. This is not uncommon, we rarely got enough quorum at every gathering. I don’t know whether they’re anti-social or have other commitments, it is disheartening nevertheless. I left the party right after they did the last raffles. No need to mention my luck with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment