3 January 2022



When it comes to getting the best from science and technology, I’m always first. So when I got the chance to get my third vaccine shot (aka the booster shoot), I didn’t miss it. There’s a lot of private clinics that provide Covid vaccines but most of them only accept MySejahtera app appointments which is nowhere to be seen on mine. Then there’s two hospitals in Bangi that offer booster shot walk-ins which are Az-Zahrah and An-Nur. I choose the former because it opens until 4 in the afternoon.

The entire booster shot process was efficiently done in 30 minutes. I knew there could be side-effects from this Pfizer shot. What I didn’t expect was the severity. The first two days I had the usual lethargy and mild fever. On the third day came the diarrhetic episode. I had to visit the toilet three times that evening. The next day, I only felt slightly better but I was so weak that I had to skip the first workday of the year. Considering it is still term break and I only missed 3 days of work from illness all last year, they guys will survive without me for one solitary day.

Some people had it bad like me while others suffered nothing more than a bruised arm. It totally depended on the individual really. Everybody reacts differently to the vaccine. Does it make me hesitant to take more shots in the future? Absolutely not. In science we trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment