22 June 2024

Nothing is certain in this life except for death, taxes and your newly-driving child getting into an accident - whether small or large.

Previously, Adam did drove the X50 into a drain while parking and left a nice black scratch mark on the front bumper. This time around though, he literally backed my Alza into a parked car and caused a considerable damage to the Almera. Adam had just attended a farewell dinner organized by his college and he was hanging out with his buddies outside a mamak in Cheras until 2 o'clock in the morning. Said he was meaning to hit the pedal and not the reverse when the accident happened. The driver wasn't around so he pondered for a while and then decided to leave his phone number on the car.

He didn't tell us about the accident until later that day. So it begins our 8 hours ordeal of meeting the guy, going to the workshop trying to get a quotation (it was 2,400 ringgit) before ultimately deciding to claim it to my insurance, making police reports and all. Fortunately for us, the guy victim was quite sporting and agreed to resolve the matter civilly at the Sungai Besi police station. It was not my first rodeo with traffic accident but still, I hated every minute getting the whole thing settled. Besides, previously I was always the victim and not perpetrator.

Needless to say, I give Adam a short but stern advise about driving safely and staying up late with friends and the hardship you're getting into whenever shit like this happens. I sincerely hope this will be his first and last traffic accident and he learned his lesson well. The back of my car looks terrible now but that's nothing compared to my insurance's non-claim discount going back to zero.

No comments:

Post a Comment