13 January 2021

I am writing this on the first day of Movement Control Order, part II and Emergency. Did this backdoor government purposely let people travel inter-state and remove all restrictions so that Covid cases spike 3 times than normal thus providing an excuse to ask for an Emergency? I wouldn’t put it past them. No Muhyiddin didn’t really care about the people or trying to contain Covid-19 cases, he’s declaring Emergency so that parliament is suspended and no MPs can conspire to overthrow his government, that is all. That’s been rife rumours that a few more MPs from UMNO are considering to withdraw their support to him so he jumped the gun and quashed any attempts once and for all.

It is unfortunate that the opposition, specifically Anwar, had to rely on the tainted UMNO leaders with court cases to bring down Muhyiddin. That’s like counting on foxes to guard a hen coop. Anyway they’re proven to be unreliable and useless so if I were him (Anwar), I would move on and try something else. I don’t know, maybe court Borneo MPs or something? Perhaps concentrate on being a good opposition until the next election? Also you can give up on trying to convince the ruler that you have got the numbers. He doesn't really care for you.

I am fortunate to have a permanent job and steady income for now. I can’t say the same for the rest of us, especially day traders. Their businesses will be severely affected with these restrictions. Does the government care? Of course not. I dearly hope everyone who suffered remember this next time they’re casting their vote. Or is it a few hundred ringgit bribe handout is enough to close their eye?

My school managed to open for a single day yesterday before it was closed again. I pity those kids whose longing to see their friends again. As for me, I’m back to work from home which could be more tiresome than actual office work sometimes. Remote support can be a real bitch at times with all the limitations. My wife is working as usual at the bank. The kids? Adam is supposed to report back to school next week since he is in exam year. The rest? Your guess is as good as mine.

Damn I was actually looking forward to a few hiking trips plus finishing my G7 list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment