22 October 2022



        Today we had our inaugural Parent Teacher Meeting at Adam’s college. This is nothing new to me because I’ve seen they did this at the school that I worked at. All the teachers would gather in the hall and the parents would take turns to come meet them. At Adam’s college though I was not sure what to expect. We arrived and met Adam near the library. Unlike my school, teachers were waiting in separate classrooms while parents took turns to meet them. We met with one teacher for Adam’s computer science subject and she told us Adam was doing pretty well. That concludes our first Parent Teacher Meeting.

Afterwards Adam got his head shaved for charity. It was for a cancer-awareness campaign. Adam managed to collect 370 ringgit from people wanting to see his head bald. While I always shave my head every month, Adam loves his hair and he had only shaved it once before in high school. So this is kinda a big deal for him. I asked him beforehand, was he really doing this with sincerity or was it just peer-pressure? He took offence a little at my question because he actually believed in the cause. That’s my boy, so proud of him. I can see Adam made a lot of new friends because everybody were saying hi and talking to him everywhere he went.

Before leaving, we parents get to have lunch at the dining hall. It was spacious and grand, not like my place/school. The food was okay and Adam surely is well-fed while living there. Did I mention we saw Nora Danish walking past us during the meeting earlier?


No comments:

Post a Comment