20 May 2023



Despite my silent protestation, we proceeded with the mini open house anyway. I spend some two days slowly cleaning up the house (most of it on the day before). Fortunately Adam was around and the rest of the kids lent a helping hand so we managed to turn the place spick and span.

Apart from my own family, Linda's parent came down all the way from Kelantan, so does her sister Icu from Manjung and Fida from Bentong. Combined with Linda, we had plenty of help in the kitchen. The among the food served was noodles soup, satay, hujan panas rice, masak merah chicken and chicken korma. We invited some of our friends, family and also neighbours.

The open house officially starts at 1 o'clock but my mother and my uncle from Kota Damansara arrived right around 12. Then our neighbours from the right side started coming and then the floodgates opened. We had many of Linda's friends from office coming but most of them were Adam's friends from both schools. They fill up half the living room. I only invited one colleague from work but he didn't show up.

We clearly underestimated the crowd because much of the food was gone by 3:00 PM. And the open house was supposed to end only at 7:00. Around 4 o'clock, I had to order some more satay and went to pick them up in section 7. The hundred extra satay were gone in a blink, finished by Hana's friends. Remind me to order at least 200 hundred more satay and prepare much more food next time we organize any more open houses.

It was tiring and costs a lot of money this open houses thing, even a mini one. But seeing the happy faces of my wife and Adam with their friends was almost worth it. Just don't ask me to do one again anytime next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment