14 May 2023



If you drive anywhere in Klang Valley during weekends these days, you will find all the roads and highways are jammed with cars. Where is everybody going? To Raya open houses of course! Ourselves not excluded. This weekend alone we had to open house invites, one from my colleague and another from Linda's.

Saturday evening, it was my new colleague, Syafiqqah's open house in Ampang. When I arrived near Taman Fairuza, we had no idea that she is Datuk Jamaluddin Ropa's daughter. He is the Pandan UMNO division leader, not that it matters of course. Despite my disdain for everything UMNO, the fact remains they're part of the unity government. Any friend of PH is a friend of mine. To be honest, I would have no problems going to a PAS member's open house had they invited me. Okay who am I'm kidding. A deluded PAS supporter/colleague maybe. A registered PAS member? Probably not.

That said, the food was good at this open house. There were grilled lambs, among other menus. Without any government contracts, wonder where he got all the budget to fund such lavish event. Perhaps donation from his loving UMNO members?

The other open house on Sunday was Linda's office mate. This one is much nearer in Cheras. When I realized it's a condo in downtown Cheras, I started to worry that parking spaces will be hard to find. True enough, there's no more visitors parking left when I arrived at the guard house. So I dropped off my family and run around to find a parking spot on the shop lots nearby. After that we waited for the lift to go up to the 22nd floor. We didn't even get to go inside the house because the place was already crowded with visitors. Lucky they provided some tables on the balcony for guests to sit and eat.

Despite the unpleasantries, the food was good including the lamb curry. Lucky for me my wife didn't stay long to chat. The colleague and her husband are reasonably well to do folks and I'm just curious why they didn't get a more spacious home like a terrace or a semi-d perhaps. They did bought another place but it's still a condo in Balakong. Maybe they just like high-rises.

Speaking of open houses, Linda and myself will be organizing our own little gathering next week. Knowing me, I'm really hesitant of having one in the first place because it is a really hard work and expensive these open house things. But since Linda and Adam keep pestering me to do one, I cannot disappoint those hopeful faces. Hopefully my guests don't complain as much as I did but if they did, do I look like I care lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment