14 August 2000

Spent most of my time in my faculty's lab downloading mp3 files. Thanks to Splitter and Split File program I managed to download and transfer about 40 songs from the Internet into my computer at home. All that using 10 floppy disks. Amazing, I know. Sneaker net at its best. But then at this rate I worry that my hard drive would be filled in no time.

Still couldn't resolve my road tax problem. The previous owner who sold me the bike said he can arrange for my road tax to be renewed using an inside help but somehow I have no faith in his promise. My only solution is to find the man whose name is on the grant. I hope he will get the post card that I sent him, somehow. If all fail, I'll be riding my ABE RX-Z with an expired road tax very for the rest of my life.

In other news, 2 days ago I bought myself this uber cool Altec Lansing sub-woofer for a cool price of RM260. Got the money from this kutu thing I've been playing since the beginning of the semester. But now I don't have enough money to renew my road tax, not to mention survive until the end of the month. Looks like its time to call for reinforcement (if you know what I mean). I know I shouldn't have bought that really expensive speaker but then I would have a hard time sleeping at night. The urge was just to strong.

I have not reported back to my part time job at McDonald's. You know with the latest development and all especially the road tax issue. My financial situation is getting dire by the minute. Obviously I need to figure out something to overcome this. But come to think of it, the only way I'm getting any work or money is using my bike which won't be rideable real soon. Maybe I should commute to work every weekend. What a hassle. You know I don't have the guts to ride my bike without a road tax. Getting summoned for 300 ringgit is just not worth it. Maybe I can borrow Isa's bike again? But even if he did let me borrow it, what happens when he uses it to go back home during weekends or whatever? My only permanent solution to this whole mess it to get my road tax renewed at all costs. Something which I have no idea how to at the moment.

Even though I spent most of day time downloading mp3s and music, I did spend most of my evening and night studying. No need to remind me that I'm so left behind at the moment. Besides H has got dean list some more, I should be ashamed of my under-achievement. Maybe I should make that my motivation. Well. However all this sleeping late at night got me into some kind of sleeping disorder. Aside from eating disorder, mental disorder, emotion disorder, financial disorder and smoking disorder, I now have sleeping disorder. Great.

Aside from that, I got news that Faiz finally got himself admitted into that Petronas program. Congrats bro! I always know you can do it. That silly boy must be jumping with joy right now. You know he never loses hope on getting into that program although he already registered into the matriculation program. So now he got it. Just don't mess it up so soon like I did brother.