5 March 2001

The great thing about she being so near to me right now is that I can talk to her through the phone and not lose an arm and a leg. It's still a great pity though that I didn't get to meet her. She was afraid that her dad might change his mind if I did. As much as that suck, I also don't have the urge to meet him or any member of her family soon. Anyway I hope to see her after the finals regardless. Wonder where I'll be staying then. My Mom know somebody there in Larkin. Azizie & Shahir is another option although I haven't heard from them in ages.

Half of the household is gone now. They're all gone home for Hari Raya Haji. The other half including me has their own reason for not going back. For me I just hate to board those extra buses again. They're expensive, old and just plain uncomfortable. Besides I didn't go home last year too so this year won't be any different. Mom and Grandma are going to Uncle Din's place in Alor Setar so will Auntie Yati. Lina and Izni would probably stay home. Izni just got her SPM result and they were excellent. She got 12 aggregates just like me. I am so proud of my little sister. There's always two of us, gifted children of the family. She's the other one. of course my two other siblings are equally special too in their own different special way. That said, I think I am the extra special one with the constant shock and surprises. And I like it that way. Conformity is boring. I'd probably stay home and study this holidays. There seemed so much to do with the computer now that it's up and running.

Rose is asking just RM10K for her dowry. That's the dowry alone. The wedding is another matter. Although I have no idea where to get that large amount of money in 2 years time. Especially when I just graduated and (hopefully) just started my first job. Let's hope I don't have to break a bank or something. RM10K man! Perhaps I could ask her to reconsider. Of course she said it was for the sake of our future children. Somehow that seemed so far away in the future right now. Grandma would not be too happy to hear about this. I've got to tell her nicely the next time we meet. She's really looking forward for our next meeting as much as I do. Don't be surprised dear if I looked much lighter than before. I only eat bread every day now.

All this talk about money is really unnerving.

No comments:

Post a Comment