17 May 2012


By now you've probably heard the sad news about Kenny Dalglish's departure from Liverpool. After a string of bad result in the Premier League, Liverpool owners FSG decided to terminate King Kenny's contract a week after the season's conclusion. I know finishing 8th for a club of Liverpool's history & stature is never acceptable especially after spending hundred of millions on players last season. Still I expect John Henry and co to give Kenny at least another season to turn things around.

Now that he's gone, the rumor mill of who's taking the Anfield hot seat is turning full steam. There's Roberto Martinez, Andre Villas Boas, Jorgen Klopp and a few dozen more names that I've never heard of before. Personally the only man I would want to helm the Liverpool boot room is none other than seƱor Rafa Benitez. He has a proven track record, gave us the miracle in Instabul, beat Man U regularly and he loves Liverpool FC very-very much. Heck he even hangs around the city long after he was sacked just in case there's a vacancy at the club. Now that there is, the owners would be stupid to miss the opportunity to re-hire Benitez. I don't want some unknown manager who has no sentiment or love for the club, I want somebody who has a history and affection for the club. I guess we'll find out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment