10 July 2013

It's that time of the year again where faithful Muslims all over the world began their 30 days fasting ritual. It is also my first time fasting at my new workplace. Work goes on as usual. Just because I'm fasting doesn't mean I can slack off all day. In fact my dear boss ordered us to transport 25 bulky MacBooks from the other end of the school to the office sometime this afternoon. Not that I'm complaining or anything. Working hours remains as usual from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm, 1 hour shorter on term breaks. Since we already leave work early compared to other people, there's no concrete reason to let us go any sooner.

I remember around this time last year I was working part time in a hotel at downtown KL doing PC maintenance work for 3 days straight. Although it was a hard & dirty work, the pay was worth it because I could settle at least a month of my car instalment. Those were the hard times. It couldn't be much different this year. I had a decent job and make enough to put food on the table for breakfast and dinner.

For sahur earlier we had a simple spicy chicken meal and for the first iftar of the month, we ordered some roasted chicken from Ayamas. I couldn't be more grateful. Thank you Allah.

No comments:

Post a Comment