10 November 2001

So we went to the annual dinner. Although the sky was pitch dark and there was even lightning, I managed to pick her up and went to the hotel (for the dinner of course). We felt awkward dressing so smartly but riding a bike there. But then that's all we could afford right now. It'll be some time before I get a bit richer and afford a car. We did get ourselves a table and the other guys seemed to look surprised and happy to see us.

It was quite a happening and classy party. Partly because of the venue and also because of the crowd. In accordance to the "Hollywood and dance" theme, several people dressed rather daringly. But as sexy as they are, I'm still proud of my Linda. People even say we're quite a handsome couple. I got a lousy certificate, a tie pin and a mug for my one year service. Linda got nothing though. We were also not so lucky with the lucky draw.

People were dancing and enjoying themselves thoroughly that night. I having already ate for breaking my fast earlier was already stuffed when we got there. Linda and I didn't actually enjoyed ourselves much in this hedonistic event. To be honest I was expecting something special but was rather disappointed in the end. Besides, Linda was still a bit shy to eat together with the crews, I was too tired to make a fuss about that.

In other news, I did donate blood again yesterday. Linda has to wait for another 3 years or so to be qualified to donate blood. She's just not heavy enough. I hope she'll never qualify cause if she does, she won't be looking good (LOL). I love her just the way she is (right now). I hope she'll stay that way forever.

I've started to create the column 'People Profile' describing a few people that matters in my life right now. See below.

People Profile 1

Mr Abu Bakar

He's actually my Store Manager at the place where I work. Being the highest ranking person at the store, people know better than to obey him. He's altogether quite a kind person although I didn't like him much at first. I suppose that's normal because nobody likes the Store Manager sometimes. He's just got his first baby a few months ago, to my surprise too. By his appearance I thought he was married a long time ago with a couple of kids in tow. I guess looks can be deceiving. Mr Burn (as he is fondly known as) made a significant change to the store. Some of it I think was quite a nuisance but others was rather thoughtful of him. I especially love the new washing machine that he bought and the new CD-player. He's quite alright.

2.25am

I've just read the poem that she sent me. It was so beautiful. Made me love her even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment