9 October 2007

As today is my last day of working, I tried to finish all my unfinished jobs before I balik kampung tomorrow. I hate to take a leave or holiday knowing that my colleagues will be doing my job when they have other things to do (how noble!). So last night Bujal and I went to Taman Melawati to deliver a notebook and a printer to a customer there. She’s one fussy woman. She made us setup everything, test the fax machine, printing and Internet connection as well. We didn’t finish until around midnight. Then this morning we went to deliver another pc to Setapak. Lucky for us I knew the Gombak/Cheras area a little or else it’ll take us forever to locate those addresses. Then we head straight to Puncak Alam to continue what I didn’t finish on Monday. It’s not my fault really. I waited for hours for a transport (a 4WD) to take me to Satellite B and after I got one the owner of that Kembara called me after just half an hour asking to return his ride. Now how are we supposed to do our job like this? If you’re low on transports, for God’s sake buy more! It’s the same story today. There’s no 4WD left to borrow when we got there this morning. So we waited for a while and then we left. Next time you want us to do anything at the site offices, better get a 4WD ready or just forget it.

Back at the office, The Boss made us do a little bit of gotong-royong you know cleaning up the storage rack and stuff. So everybody in our department worked together re-arranging things and dispose off a lot of junk and boxes. We were exhausted and dirty all right but since most of us start holidaying tomorrow, it doesn’t matter much. After that we did the annual bersalaman & bermaafan ritual (shaking hands & asking for forgiveness) with each other and of course with The Boss. I was the first to salam with the boss cause I was in a hurry to leave and he was sitting there by the doorway so I thought what the heck, let’s get it over with. It’s true what they say, sorry seems to be the hardest thing to say (especially to The Boss). Why, he also asked the same from me and the rest of the staff. After all we’re only human and we make mistakes all the time. I left office feeling really good today. Like an enormous burden being taken off my shoulder. Lastly to Bujal and Irwan, you guys take care now. I know you’ll be working for two more days one because you guys hail from Selangor and two because Irwan is still new so like all good new colleagues do, they stay back so that people from far away land like us can go back early he he.

Today my family went for berbuka at Giant in Kinrara. Yes you heard me right. It’s just too hard to ignore and resist really since I drive past it almost every single day. Nevertheless after today’s visit I still say Giant sucks! The chicken rice I tried at their food court sucks, the Milo drink is rather stale and the security guard almost didn’t let me in with my sweater on. Fer fook’s sake it’s raining and cold out there, can’t you leave a man and his sweater alone? Do I look like a thieving crook to you? Do they assume all their jacket-wearing customers are out to steal from them? So no class there at Giant. Anyway I said almost because I did get in with my sweater on but my wife did notice one security guard pointing to another about my sweater as I walked in casually into the store. Had they stopped me at the entrance I swore I will let they know exactly what I think of Giant to them out loud and then go home. They last time they did that to me in Kelana Jaya, I grab my wife, turn back immediately and left. To Giant Malaysia and GCH holding, YOU GUYS SUCKS BIG TIME! EVERYBODY, DON’T GO TO GIANT GO TO TESCO OR CARREFOUR!!INSTEAD BECAUSE IT’S A LOT CHEAPER THERE ANYWAY!! There you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment