3 October 2007

As you all know, my company has acquired the office block next door a few months back. The renovation works started a few weeks ago and at the moment I can say it’s almost halfway there. Last week they’ve hack a hole through the wall just a few metres from my desk to fix a door going next door. So you see my entire department is all dusty and messy due to the ongoing works next door. My desk is covered with dust everyday and it’s a matter of time before I get sick from all the pollutants in the air.

Nevertheless I have to commend my fellow colleagues like Rizal, Bujal, Pejoi, Sudin, Irwan & Abg Din who’d been burning the night oil working next door these past few days. Although we’ve hired a contractor to do most of the renovation job we still had to do the electrical and cabling jobs ourselves. First because to save cost and second, we’ve got people who’re more than qualified to do those jobs rather than pay somebody else to do it. They started working from around 9:00 p.m until the wee hours in the morning. Wish I could help them too but alas I have other obligations to fulfill (ye ke?).

Today I’m sorry to say that I didn’t fast. I had a serious bout of diarrhea since yesterday and up till this morning I’ve been coming and going to the loo about 6 times already. So the doctor gave me a jab in the butt and advised me to take those medications for my own good. So I didn’t fast today. It must have been those ice cubes that I bought from the mini mart nearby. I’m the only one who drank iced drinks in this house and since my wife and kids are unaffected my guess is those ice cubes must be polluted with germs. Coincidently my wife also didn’t go to work today cause she’s been having some serious stomach pains and nausea all morning. So there we were just the two of us at home, Adam sent to the nursery earlier and guess what we did? Nothing of course! (what were you thinking?) You know we can’t do it during the day (or else there’ll be grave consequences) but I must confess the temptation was there and my wife chose this very moment to be extra horny friendly with me!

Lucky for me those pills I swallowed made me very drowsy and I slept (all by myself) in the living room all afternoon. Oh what bliss! For once I can sleep all I like during the day without Adam bugging me. Then again when I had my dinner during Maghrib prayers, somehow I felt slightly gloomy and not so cheerful probably because I didn’t fast today.

Anyway Linda’s on her third month of pregnancy already and she started wearing her maternity clothes to work everyday now.

No comments:

Post a Comment