31 July 2009

Here's a quick update for my dear readers, all 15000 of you.

Forgive me for not updating this blog for so long now. As usual I've been pretty occupied with work and family and life in general. Besides my life at the moment is as exciting as watching a paint dry, I can't think of anything noteworthy to write here. And also blame it on Facebook. It's very addictive and fun and cool I must have wasted all my precious blogging time there instead.

Yes those are just excuses, I know.

Anybody went to the J-Card Members Day at Jusco nearby yesterday? It's crazy packed with people and cars there yesterday. They even got Rela members deployed there to control traffic. And for the first time this year, we have a massive traffic jam in Equine Park. I don't know what's all the fuss about this J-Card day. Just because they give big discount on everything I must go there and buy something. For me, I don't buy stuff because it's on sale or because every body's doing it.

That said, my wife thought otherwise about this J-Card day madness. She simply had to go. So I dropped her about 500 meters from Jusco yesterday after work. We can't even get anywhere near Jusco yesterday. For once I can not complain because she did bought some clothes for the kids apart from herself and I even got myself a brand new t-shirt. About time too because since I lost weight, I need like an entire new range of wardrobe. I now wear XL sized clothes instead of XXL previously.

I have a real dilemma right now. Tomorrow we're (me+wife+the kids) supposed to attend this little high-tea function organized by some people from my wife's office. I don't usually do functions and gathering and stuff especially if it involves me spending money but I don't know what's got into me that day but I actually agreed to it.

The thing is, tomorrow is also the planned anti-ISA rally in KL so expect lots of road blocks and crazy traffic jam going into the city. Public transportation won't be much different either. I suspect all the buses and train and LRT would be jam-packed with people. So what should I do? Go ahead and get caught in the madness or stay at home and forfeit the 50 ringgit that we paid for? I'm still thinking long and hard about this as of now.

From what I've read, tomorrow's rally is going to be as huge as Bersih if not bigger. How I wish I can be part of history and join in ten and thousands of the crowd. But as spirited as I am with the opposition cause, I don't want to be an irresponsible husband and parent. If I join and should something happen to me, my family will go through a torrid time without me. The least I can do is to support this noble cause through my writings and at the ballot box.

That is just another excuse, I know. If I'm still single I won't even think twice about it.

So until tomorrow then.