12 June 2011

Last Friday I took the day off to go back to Tanah Merah to pick up my family. It just occurred to me that I don't actually have that many day offs to take so I'll have to make the most of every single one of them. Cannot simply take a day off to go vacation, shopping or job interviews or something unimportant like that. Anyway, I started off rather late in the morning meaning to avoid the morning rush. The funny thing was, morning rush decided to wait for me. 9:30 AM and I am still stuck in traffic for most of Ampang.

That said I survived the utterly boring 7 hours drive without any untoward incidents. Saw a lot of Red Warriors supporters making their way to Bukit Jalil. Made me proud for a while to see their spirit. Well we know that didn't end so good for them. Maybe next year. Of course I'm glad to see my 3 precious ones and their mother again after like 45 days apart. Absence does make the heart grow fonder. Being apart from your loved ones for so long almost made me a wreck. Although I look like a tough guy from the outside, inside... well, you know what they say.

Saturday I went back to my real home town in Pasir Mas to see my sister and her newborn which is only one week apart from Hana Alisha. Glad to see them both alright. Early Sunday morning we left Tanah Merah to come back home to Seri Kembangan. Arrived safe and sound early in the afternoon. New member in the family. New chapter in our lives.