29 July 2011

Today will be my last day working here. I felt so sad. Actually I've been feeling low and depressed these past few weeks ever since I tendered my resignation. I dread every new day that dawns because it only meant that my last day here would be coming nearer. Choosing to leave this place is probably one of the hardest decision I have ever made in my life. Before I came here, I was jobless with Adam Farihin and a wife to feed. The boss picked me up from nothing when I had very few to offer and for his faith in me turned me into what I have become today. Despite all the shortcomings, I believe whatever happened to us since early this year didn't happen on purpose. I'm sure he would not put us all in this dire position if he could help it. One half of me said hang on a little bit longer until I finish my studies at least. Another half said here's your chance man, this opportunity won't come along everyday. So I chose to leave. It was not easy but I had to do it.
And like every decent staff here at Microcorp that's about to leave, I had to treat all my colleagues with breakfast during my last day of work here. So I ordered 40 packs of nasi Kak Na and some teh tarik for everyone to eat. Despite the fact that I had to use all the little savings I had left. Despite the fact that I have no idea when this month's pay will come in but I just had to do this. I'd feel dreadful if I didn't. I'm sure it's not much but I did it sincerely from my heart and it's the least I could do.

Goodbye guys. Hope you enjoyed the breakfast. Wish me luck for my new job on Monday. I pray that you guys will go through this rocky patch in one piece. Like Bujal said, who knows someday we shall all be together again under one roof. :)