1 August 2011

1st August 2011 is the 1st day of Ramadan for many Muslims around the world. This year we tried to get our 7 years old Adam to fast for the whole day. He did woke up this morning go straight to shower and had sahur with us. By 2:00 PM he couldn't resist the fried noodle cooked at the nursery so there goes his 1st day of fasting.

1st August 2011 also marks my 1st day at work at my new office in Puchong. Moments before I arrived there I was slightly nervous to say the least. It's not often that I check in to a new office. Although the office didn't open until 9:00 AM, I got there half an hour early thanks to a surprisingly smooth traffic. When the door finally opened, I went straight into training to grasp some basic knowledge of the products and business here. At the end of the day, my 1st day here was not that bad after all. All my new colleagues are warm and friendly. One guy was concerned enough to ask if I have any place to 'semayang' which I did in the meeting room by the way. Being in a new place with me as the sole Malay staff can be quite a challenge. But I will have to adapt. My new boss was also quite understanding as he allows me to go back half an hour early this fasting month. Oh I will probably have to change my look and appearance again. Everybody here goes to work in the company's uniform and so will I once I get them. Seriously, I felt rather awkward in that shirts and pants. Happy fasting everyone.