27 August 2011



So begun the rush to go home for balik kampung has. Klang valley folks have started to flock the roads and highways to go back to their respective home town since Friday so naturally roads everywhere is reportedly congested with traffic. Me I have totally expected those dreadlocks so we decided to wait a whole day until the mad traffic rush subsides. So we went back on Saturday evening instead.

In which my calculations were proven totally correct because traffic was smooth all the way from MRR2 to Bentong, Gua Musang and finally Tanah Merah. Of course we chose to skip Bentong and took the Sertik-Mempaga route and yet we still arrived in Raub just in time for break of fast. I have always wanted to take my family to eat at this little fast food restaurant in Raub since forever and only today I managed to do so. Marrybrown isn't exactly the hippest or trendiest eating spot around but somehow I have this strange and unexplainable connection with this local franchise. Something about those long lost, sweet memories in UPM's Marrybrown perhaps?

I meant to get home around 12:30 AM just in time for the Liverpool game but we could only plan so much. By 1:00 AM we were still nowhere near Kuala Krai so I decided to stop by somewhere in Laloh to watch the game at an eatery there. Although tired and super sleepy, it was all worth it since Liverpool cruised to a 3-1 victory over Bolton. 2 hours later we finally arrived home safe and sound. Now I remember why I don't like driving at night. It felt so much longer, it's really tiring and sometimes I had a difficult time trying to keep my eyes open. That's it, no more evening trips home.

No comments:

Post a Comment