30 August 2011



This year my brother Faiz and elder sister Lina didn't come home for Raya since they're spending the holidays with their respective in laws. That said, our Hari Raya this year is still happening and gay with all my uncles, aunts, cousins, nephews and nieces coming back home to Pasir Mas. After the customary get together at grandma's place, my siblings and I would have another Raya tradition to conform with - seeing my dad. Usually we would me at a restaurant somewhere between Pasir Mas or Kota Bharu since my dad are not exactly welcomed here in Pasir Mas and we also don't really feel like going to his place meeting our stepmother. It's a long and complicated story, you probably don't want to know.

Anyway, this year my dad cordially invited us siblings to his place in Pasir Pekan regardless of how we and our mother felt towards the person living there. He and the missus were holding an open house or something and they would like us to come there for a change. Actually I have no problem going there, meeting her for the first time. My mom, grandma and sister however didn't feel the same. So in the end we met somewhere by the roadside in Wakaf Bharu since we couldn't find any open restaurant this first Hari Raya and all. It was awkward and I felt sorry it has to go on like this. I wish we could move on and let bygones be bygones. But for some people, the cut runs deep, very-very deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment