28 December 2001

The weather was not on my side. As I was dreaming of being back by Linda's side, it rained so heavily that it flooded the rail tracks in Gua Musang. At last after over an hour of contemplating whether to reverse or to proceed, the train decided with the former. I was anguished. The up side of this disaster is that I don't have to sit next to the stinking guy from Tok Uban. Uncle Din picked me up later and I was back in Pasir Mas again waiting in despair. But that was it.It would take a very extreme situation to make me board another train again. The journey would have been very long and it'll be freezing cold in the morning.

Somehow I got the brainwave to change the bus ticket with Lina. She was supposed to leave the day after and instead I boarded her bus. Although worried that the road might still be blocked by the flood, I finally got here early in the evening. I must admit that I'm mighty glad to set foot here again and to join my eagerly waiting loved one. Then I was rather sad too thinking of what Grandma said to me last night. She spoke of how she was lonely of being all by herself. Deep inside I know she loved me like she loved the rest of my siblings. Like I said before, she just gets grumpy and resentful at times. Most of the time she's awfully nice. Who knows that could be our last goodbye (God forbid).

No comments:

Post a Comment