11 February 2001

Mom came by this weekend. She and Lina planned to see my faculty dean to discuss Lina's admission here in May. They even rented a car for a whole day for the occasion. The evening before, it was convocation fair again here in UPM. As usual there was a fair with numerous stall set up selling all kinds of things. My friends and I didn't miss this opportunity to visit the place you know, sight-seeing. I end up buying some cheap sunglasses. They looked pretty cool. Thought I saw H again that night. Caught a glimpse of her walking with some boy. I didn't stop to make certain and quickly turned and walk the other way. I think she did the same too. It's like we have this mutual understanding.

How I wish Rose was here. It would be more fun and memorable. She told me she planned of coming yesterday if she didn't have any class. She didn't. Don't know why. Anyway I had to accompany my mom to the railway station. So there goes our plan. One more thing, she had this uneasy feeling about coming down there to see me. Said whenever she felt that way something bad is bound to happen. Either she's telling the truth or she just made that all up hor hor. I told Mom a little bit about Rose. She was surprised of course but overall she was very supportive. She doesn't see any problem with this relationship. She just wants me to get a decent job first, send her for an umrah and give her some money from time to time. And not to forget all our family have done for me. Of course mom. She even thought I was asking to be engaged by the end of the year when I only planned to do that when I graduate. What's more, she planned to go down to Johore Bharu later this year to visit a friend there and possibly meet her future in laws. I know she won't mind and I'm so very grateful for that. And since she told Aunty Zura, the entire family probably know by now too.

Rose's Dad bought a new home here in KL for her. A house for us. It costs RM160,000 something. That a monthly payment of RM1,200. Rose asked wether I can afford that. Obviously I can't right now and not too sure in the future too. She can't be serious. And this guy whose had an interest in her, you know that teacher. Well, he's just got engaged recently. Thank God for that. One less worry. That said, I still got a long way to go. That's for sure. And H, I don't want to hate you anymore. In fact I don't want to hate anybody no more. Let us all move on with our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment