25 February 2001

So everything went according to plan that evening. I asked Jai to send me to the commuter station, carrying that heavy computer in my arm. But that's nothing compared to the other computer which was twice as heavy. My arm felt like they're gonna fall off any time. I waited for the train in Kajang which is nearer and much more safer for me to pray there. I dare not board in KL with those 2 computers in hand. It could prove to be a nightmare. The train arrived 20 minutes late. I sat next to this innocent looking guy who hardly spoke a word. In front of me was a little desk meaning I was in the middle of the coach. Perfect. Now I can put my PC on the table all the way to Pasir Mas. That proved to be a really costly mistake which I found out later on.

The great thing about about seats with tables is that I can stretch my legs as far as I want. Provided there's no passenger on the opposite side. A few people did sat in front of me but only for a while. And just when I thought there was no one to use the seat in front of me, another one came on board in Raub. Now my legs suffered from lack of space. I went outside in between the coaches to smoke and stretch my legs. Not long after though, I got tired of standing too long there. Lucky for me I did found an empty seat, all four of them for me to sit around 4:00 AM. The train arrived quite late at my destination. I expected that. Might as well not print the departure and arrival time on the ticket if you don't mean to keep it.

Mom came to pick me up and we stopped by Grandma & auntie's place along the way. After a quick shower I drove straight to Kota Bharu to get that PC fixed. Sure enough the motherboard was a goner. But since it's still under warranty, they can give me a new one although it would take weeks for that to happen. After dropping Mom off for her meeting, I went to the Kota Bharu public library, It's been a while since I last been there. The place haven't changed much. Time do flies when I was having fun reading some Enid Blyton's books.

Back home I tried to assemble the hard disk that I brought from Taman Desa Serdang, you know the one in the PC that I placed on the train table. To my horror I found it completely unusable. I suspect the vibration on the table during the 500 kilometers journey here practically crashed the hard disk. I'm an idiot! All thousands of my music compiled for 8 months gone in a day! Frustrated would be an understatement. Now I'll have to start over from scratch. Mom would not be too happy to hear about this. Computer components are not exactly cheap. Maybe I'll tell her in the morning. Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment