19 April 2001

I'm in a terrible fix. It took me like a second to lose my sight and somehow I left my helmet inside the store. Since my manager already left for sometime, I didn't bother to call her. Then I tried calling a few of my co-workers using the public phone near the store but most of them are either totally broken or just full of shit. The best I could get was 2 seconds on the line before the line cut off.

Right there and then I realized the importance of having a lot of money to survive in this concrete jungle. If only I had some more credit left on my phone then I wouldn't be in this shit. If I had a little more credit left, I wouldn't have to go through all the trouble of borrowing a helmet from that guy at 7-Eleven, riding all the way back to Serdang and then come back to KL to return the helmet. On the bright side, I did made a couple of new friends today. Perhaps there is a good side for all of this. Lesson learned. Next time I will try to save some money you know, for emergencies.

Last night I spent the a couple of hours cleaning the fryer with Mr Samsudin. It was a lot of hard work but I'm totally cool with it. After all I don't sleep much nowadays. Mr Samsudin on the other hand was ready to fall asleep on the counter around 4:00 am. No wonder nobody volunteered to do this job earlier. Let's hope this would be something to remember by. I am anxiously waiting for the phone bill to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment