1 May 2001

Here come the happy days. First my wages had come in. I got around RM430+ after working for a month. Went straight to the phone shop next door at Uda Ocean and bought myself a brand new Nokia 3210. My second handphone ever. I actually had this thing against Nokia phones before since I'm like so loyal to Ericsson. However after actually using a Nokia phone for once, screw loyalty. I want the best phone there is. This Nokia phone is really comfortable to use. It's keypad is a pleasure to press and the sound quality is excellent. Not to mention the huge screen. Another reason I bought this handphone is because of this trick that Ms Piyah taught me. With a Nokia handphone and a Celcom registered SIM card, I can type in this secret code and call anyone for free. Although this sounds to good to be true being a poor student like me, it's too tempting not to try. That's why I sold my first ever handphone ever to Alina, a crew at the store and register myself at Celcom. The bad news is, I don't really know whether the trick above would really work. Even Ms Piyah is cautious of who she's calling since her phone bill is yet to arrive. In the mean time, I called almost everybody using Pendi's SIM card. Should this prove to be a hoax, I'll be selling one of my kidney to pay the bill.

In another development, Dad surprised me with a phone call just now. He was in town for some business so we arranged to meet at Central Market. We had lunch together and catch up on things. Later before we part, he gave me a generous 300 ringgit of pocket money. I was literally jumping with joy (on the inside). Just when I was about to regret spending 95% of my wages on that new phone. Now I should be able to cut myself a new trousers at the tailor. God knows how grateful I was for Dad.

Meanwhile the thing with Sharifah Haslinda is going pretty well too. At least as far as I'm concerned. She's always free to talk to me for hours on the phone. Maybe it was way too early to relate to her about my past with Rose. Let bygones be bygones. We finally decided not to go to Genting Highland later today. Came to a mutual conclusion that this outing would be a sheer waste of money and also most inappropriate this time of the year. Piyah, our organizer also pulled out at the last hour. So that was it. Another thing ism I don't have the heart to leave Ms Linda and one of my managers stranded at the store by themselves this labor day where people will be thronging into the store. That said, should Sharifah agreed to go, I wouldn't think twice (tee hee hee).

Mom, grandma and the rest of the family are worried on the whereabouts of my younger brother Faiz. From what I hear, he joined this little band of tabligh movement in Perak. We didn't hear much from him except for those 2 letters he sent home. Obviously Mom and Grandma were worried sick. Uncle Dib even called me a short while ago to ask if I know anything about Faiz's new little project. Naturally I knew next to nothing about this too since I don't really live with him or something. Let's hope all is well with Faiz.

No comments:

Post a Comment