20 December 2007

What do you do on a boring Hari Raya day? Go to IKEA of course! I think this should be the fifth time we went to IKEA this year. That's nothing really. When I was single, I go there like every month. They don't award me honorary member of IKEA Fan Club (Malaysian Chapter)* for nothing you know. Turned out we weren't the only bored one this Hari Raya. The place was quite crowded when we get there.

We left Adam to play at Smaland, this time legally too since he's already 3 years old. The play area admits kids from 3 to 9 years old only.We didn't buy anything much today just a few cups, a glass, plastic bag dispenser and I got my self a light bulb socket (yay!). Adam had so much fun at Smaland he didn't even realize we were gone. It's only an hour later that he started crying for his Papa.

Later we stopped by the food court next to Giant Kelana Jaya for dinner. Since it's public holiday only two restaurants were open tonight. We picked the one which was more crowded thinking that the food ought to be good with so many customers. So we ordered a plate of fried rice each and waited while watching Resident Evil on the projector screen. For the uninitiated, Resident Evil 2 was a movie about flesh eating mutant/zombies. I had a tough time trying to distract Adam from watching that horrible movie. Why they choose to play this violent/gory movie at a restaurant is beyond me. Not only that we were made to wait for nearly an hour for our food. In fact we were ready to leave when our food finally arrives. One thing for sure that'll be our first and last visit there. I hope Adam won't be having nightmares or something tonight.

* Okay I made that up

No comments:

Post a Comment