12 December 2009

To be honest, I almost changed my mind a few times before finally deciding to go ahead with this trip. Kuala Terengganu is not exactly near and the travel cost would be prohibitively expensive for my liking. Then again, it's not everyday that my good friend get married so in the end we decided to go anyway.

I drove no less than 700 kilometers today. First all the way to Tanah Merah for a brief stop at my family's place before heading south again to Kuala Terengganu. We didn't arrive at the Solehah guest house which belongs to Safuan's family until nearly midnight.

Early the next morning we left Kuala Terengganu and drove another 100 miles north to Besut where Hajar lives. The akad nikah ceremony was to be held at a mosque in the district. We did wait for a while before the bride arrive. Maybe she'd like to look her really best today hence the delay.

Since we didn't get the chance to have any breakfast and my kids were screaming for food already, we went to an eatery nearby to have a late breakfast. Little that we know the eatery serves expired cakes, ant infested paus and other rotten food at their place. Yuks.

But today is not about us. It's Safuan's big day so empty stomachs and prolonged waiting time are really no big of a deal for us. The important thing is Safuan's wedding goes smoothly as planned.

We didn't get to eat a proper meal until after 2:00 in the afternoon so understandably all of us we definitely ravished by then.

After the ceremony we returned back to the guest house and rest for a while before going out again, sight-seeing in Kuala Terengganu. Believe it or not but the last time I stepped my foot in Kuala Terengganu was at least 20 years ago when I was just a little kid. Actually we wanted to find a clinic because Adam is coughing really bad today but unfortunately since Saturday here in the east coast is like Sunday from where I cane from, all the clinics is closed for the day.

So in the end we just bought some cough syrup from a pharmacy and hope for the best. For dinner we stopped by a restaurant facing the Teluk Ketapang beach. Not only we had to wait for ages for our food to arrive, we also had to pay a cutthroat price for the average-tasting food. Moral of the story is: if you eat anywhere near a beach, be prepared to pay for the "sea breeze tax".

I do hope Adam feels better tomorrow. Poor guy threw up half a dozen times already this evening.