13 June 2010

My initial plan is to set off early for KL, arrive early there and have the evening off to rest and recover. But then you know how it is with women and children. We only left Tanah Merah around 12:30 in the afternoon. Add that with 4 stops and some traffic jam, we didn't get home until 12 hours later. School holiday or not, the highway will always be jammed with traffic especially when entering the city. Lucky for me I took the Sertik-Mempaga alternative route to the Karak Highway which is void of traffic but super-creepy and lonely at night. You don't want to drive alone down that road. At least we arrived safe and sound.

Hey what do you know, the World Cup is here! It's been here since last Thursday but I didn't catch much of it because I was pretty much occupied with Izni's wedding. Plus we didn't have the sports package back home. I'd like to say I don't have favourites but then I would be lying. Spain then England for me. I am also rooting for the underdogs as always. So Korea (north & south), Japan and USA all the way! Argh those vuvuzelas is driving me nuts. They should ban them from the stadium.