5 June 2010

A few weeks ago my brother-in-law registered for his foundation program at International Islamic University (UIA) in Petaling Jaya. Today we visited him there. The entire campus was small and packed right in the middle of bustling section 13 PJ.

Actually he received 2 offers to further his studies. One from there and another for a matriculation course in Kuantan. I advised him to take the matrix course but somehow he chose to go here. In UIA, you'll have to be really good in English and Arabic which I doubt not many people do. Plus if you do not perform well in the initial test, you'll be there a year or two longer than your matriculation student counterpart who will only spend a year there. Besides, I don't think it matters anyway in the end which university you graduate from, as long as you have a degree to show for.

That said, I hope he can prove me wrong and do well there in UIA. Good luck to you.