10 November 2008

In developed countries like Japan, Germany and U.S.A, peaceful public rally is regarded as every citizen's democratic right. In those countries, anyone can demonstrate and protest anywhere, anytime, for as long as they like until the cows come home. And the police there, they will be present alright. But their presence is mainly to keep the public in order, direct traffic and generally keep the protesters safe.
But here, here in the country who wished to be called a develop country in 12 years time, instead of protecting the people, they usually harass, intimidate, beat up and sometimes lock up people just for holding candles in public places. Here, all the people's grouse and dissatisfactions are suppressed for the so called peace and security's sake. Developed country? I think we should teach our police force to be civilized first.

Maybe I can never single-handedly change the government of the day but I swear that I will do everything in my power to make sure that at least my kids and my family will see what's the BN government is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment