24 November 2008

You know Awie? The lead singer for rock band Wings? It's his birthday today so happy birthday to you bro! Other than that, nothing important happens today. Just another day of the year.
So during this perfectly ordinary day of the year, after we're finished with Mia's monthly checkup, I went to the National Blood Centre in Jalan tun Razak to well, donate blood of course. I remember the first time I donated blood was exactly 8 years ago on this date. It was at the UPM Health Centre. 11 donations later I still don't understand why they have to prick my middle finger to check on my blood type when they should already know by now is bloody O! It's not like my blood type is going to change 3 times a year or something.
I took my wife and Adam along for this visit. I never knew they can come along into the blood collection room and bug me and took pictures and all. Else I'd bring them here long time ago. Anyway Adam was pretty cool watching me get pricked here and there, seeing the blood and all. He's just not afraid at all.

For some strange reason, I usually get to cut a cake and receive cool presents and cards during Awie's birthday. Not this year though. Rumours has it they might come along next week during pay day. I won't put my hopes high and that.

No comments:

Post a Comment