22 November 2000

Roslinda Mohamed or just Rose as she likes to be known was born and raised in Kota Tinggi, Johore. I first met her while doing my matriculation in KIYPJ in Johore Bharu in 1998. Her best friend is Aida of course, you know the girl who used to be crazy about me? Rose is not exactly the prettiest or the best looking girl around but what she lacks in the looks department, she more than made up for it with charm, wit and friendliness. And those were they qualities that kept me in touch with her all this while.

I suppose we are still friends although a very-very close one. I was quite stunned and speechless when she wanted to be serious with me. Even uttered those 3 magic words via SMS. I know that she wasn't kidding about being serious but I'm just afraid I would be yet another guy who would disappoint her in life. To be honest, I don't think I deserve her. She's just too good for me. That's why I made it clear to her that I would like us to be no more than friends and she must not place too much on hope on me. For now I don't think I'm ready to open the door to my heart to just about any girl yet. But who knows later on.

Anyway, us being so far away from each other is another stumbling block that prevents me from accepting her. I don't think long distance-relationships will always work. When even married couples fail in such relationships, what more friends or lovers. I do hope she would find someone better than me soon. You be strong now Rose.