28 November 2000

Last Saturday we went to Lina's graduation ceremony at UiTM Shah Alam. Mom arrived rather late in the morning causing her to miss the entry into the hall. So while Grandma get to go in, Mom and I just sat under the tent outside where they set up two big screen TVs with live broadcast of what's happening inside. I guess that would do although I sense Mom wanted to be much closer. I mean this is her children's first ever graduation and your know how parents feel about this things. The entire ceremony was a long one too. Graduations are cool but the waiting is something I could do without. I did all the driving today and both my Mom and Grandma had a field day nagging about my driving. In the end I couldn't take it anymore and maybe deliberately crashed into a road divider near Seremban. Lucky it was just a minor scratch under the bumper. Funny they all just kept quiet after that.

Faiz meanwhile gave up his matriculation program and the declined the offer from Petronas to go into UiTM. Looks like he wants to follow Lina's footstep by taking up a diploma course there. Personally I think my brother made a rather bad call here. Both matriculation and Petronas hold a much brighter future for you. That said, it is his life and his call and I wouldn't want to get in his way. Besides, the rest of my family member didn't seem to object to his decision. Good luck to you bro.

In other news, we started fasting yesterday. Yes it's Ramadhan already. While some people dread this month I on the other hand actually look forward to it. After all, I've been fasting twice a week every Monday and Thursday so it made little difference to me fasting everyday now. Later in the afternoon Grandma called me bearing some bad news. Somehow my Mom accidentally poured some glue into her eyes which she thought was some eye drops. She was immediately rushed to the hospital and thankfully the doctor managed to remove most of the glue. However when she woke up the next morning, she couldn't open her right eye. So here I am back in Sungai Buloh yo send Mom the Selayang hospital tomorrow. Hopefully this time she would get much better. It just breaks my heart to see her like that. I guess this is a test from Him. You know I prayed for my mom and dad after each prayer. You be strong now Mom.