29 October 2001

So it's settled. I didn't sleep all night that morning so that I didn't miss the appointment. The boy at the car rental agency was so sleepy that he failed to find the keys to the appropriate car. In the end I got an old Kancil instead of the usual new one. The ride to Sungai Buloh was absolutely dreadful. I was so sleepy the car's transmission was crappy and it rained so fucking heavily. Harsh as it was I made it in one piece. After 2 hours of sleep we went downtown. Mom got something to settle at the ministry. On the way, I heard she was shouting at this man on the phone. I have no idea who he was but Mom was really upset and angry. Later we wet along with the plan and loaded all my belonging to our new home. The house was quite spacious with a lovely view of the playground upfront. I quickly grabbed the master bedroom which faced the road. The other room would probably leave me choked. Mom didn't see, to have any problem with that.

Dad came by later and we stopped for a brief dinner at Kampung Baru before we head home. The next day I slept most of the morning and my Mom and Dad only later in the evening as husband and wife again. That night we had a small dinner and invite over half a dozen close relatives and acquaintances. After that they were off to Penang. Linda in the mean time asked me to fetch some clothes in Tanah Merah for the McDonald's dinner. I did that and thank God I brought Grandma along. Her parent was so friendly to us. So friendly that I was quite speechless. That's where Grandma played her role nicely. What would I do without her. These past few days have been historical to me and my family and to some extent, Linda's. Although at first everybody else but me seemed to oppose the plan, it all happened very well in the end. At least for now. Grandma and Lina still are worried that Dad would someday change into his old ways. I don't want to fret much about it now. Just wait and see. One thing for sure despite all her disapproval, grandma was grinning from ear to ear when Mom gave her a wad of cash. It's crystal clear now. It's all about the money. I'm not saying that Grandma or Lina is greedy or anything. But things seems to be better when money is involved. I understand that very well. I mean children Grandma had been living in hardship all this time raising her children with barely enough money and support. It's time they pay back all her sacrifice and everything. It's about time she enjoy a little reward before it's too late. It's time for her to stop worrying. I do wish and pray that Dad's changed for the better. Let us pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment