1 January 2001

Happy New Year!

Strange I don't feel like celebrating. This Hari Raya I went home with Faiz who is studying in UiTM. We took the additional bus home. This bus moves very slowly especially when climbing hills. Although it's just a plain school bus, the fare is even more expensive than the regular ones. Furthermore, all of the girls on board with me are not pretty at all. Nevertheless this is my only means of getting home this festive season so either this or the highway. So this bus took us straight to Kota Bharu. Pengkalan Chepa to be exact which is still quite a way off from our hometown. Uncle Dib and his family were already here when we finally got home and Uncle Din and co will only arrive 3 days after Raya.

I did nothing much at home except for shopping for my Raya clothes. The traffic downtown was horrible. It's like half the population of Malaysia flocked to Pasir Mas today. Lucky for me this only happen several times a year. Unlucky for me though that is also the time I ever come home. So Hari Raya came and go. I felt rather special that day. All day long. It was meant to be special, this time of year. It's like Christmas but more awesome. I looked forward so much for this Hari Raya that I didn't sleep at all much of the night. So now I'm feeling a little bit tired. But then it doesn't matter cause today is a very special day. (Where am I going here?).

We went to the mosque bright and early like always because we'd like to take the best parking spot there. I survived the whole morning without falling asleep. It drizzled as we made our way to the cemetery that day. Still we had to go. It's our compulsory annual Raya ritual. First to the mosque then to the cemetery followed by having our grand Raya breakfast at Aunt Yatie's place. After that everybody gather in Kampung Dangar for the obligatory photography session.

As I was about to cook satay today, my Dad come to pick us up. He's taking us to Penang there and then. I called Tok previously and she said that my Dad will come home to Penang on Raya's eve but he never showed up. So my Dad thought he'd surprise her mother by bringing us all there today. How thoughtful of him. Dad came today with his brand new car. Probably given by his new, stable company. Add that with a new mobile phone too. My Dad has arrived. And what's this talk about buying us a new house? I wonder if he's really well of now or it's just one of his 'future planning' thing. I came to understand that he could now withdraw his EPF savings to buy a house. Whatever it is I'm planning to wait and see. I do hope he will stick with this job for once. But then no matter how well off he's doing or not, he's still my Dad.

I saw a lot of new faces in Penang today. People that I have never seen before. Tok was obviously mighty glad to see us all again and similarly down when she heard we're leaving so soon. I spent most of my time there eating and sleeping with just a little bit of sight-seeing. Later we went home by bus. This time it's a bit special because of school bus, we rode a factory bus. Dad couldn't take us home because he had to leave for work earlier.

So here I am in Desa Serdang already listening to my fave rock songs and exchanging text with Salina. Yesterday we finally had the chance to board a proper express bus. I even get to fall asleep from time to time. In the morning I missed Subuh and felt awful afterwards.

11:28 PM
This Hari Raya I felt less sad then last year. Probably because the effect of the H incident had worn out a little by time. I wonder how she's doing right now, as usual. Last time I saw her with a brand new Honda. I never knew making parking lots could make you a fortune. I guess you can after all. Perhaps her folks owns half the parking lot in KL or something. I can't call her now cause she won't like it plus she wouldn't pick up anyway. Move along already man. This Hari Raya I also gained weight. From 57 to 63 kilos. That's a whooping 6 kilos mind you. This Hari Raya also I didn't got to any friend's home. I also didn't do any tarawih and yes I'm not proud of it.

Apart from that I did get a lot of money for Raya. Over 200 bucks to be exact. I have no idea who gave me so much money. Alhamdulillah anyway. This Hari Raya I returned home to find my youngest sister almost grown up now. How beautiful she turned out to be. I hope she'll find somebody good and live happily ever after. The same goes to Miza my cousin. The only thing is Lina's getting rather heavy on the sides. Faiz meanwhile turned into a decent young boy. Regularly wearing his white skullcap over his head. Still I can't actually guess what he's up to next. My Mom on the other hand is not so good. Her previously new husband didn't made contact with her for quite some time now. What kind of husband would do such a thing? Maybe the kind that already has a family previously and now he's back in their arms. I suppose he finally realized his rash decisions now eh? The least he could do is give my Mom some financial support. She really needed it. Poor Mom. She even covered his photos in the bedroom with pieces of cloth. Hate to tell you I told you so Mom. You should have consulted with your family first. Family as in all of us including your children. Grandma. She's alright I guess.

Today TimeCel formerly known as ADAM started to charge 10 cents for ever SMS sent. First I thought they were kidding because my credit balance didn't change after sending a few text messages. But then when I make a call anywhere, it started to decrease like crazy. This is scandalous. Being the network provider with the worse coverage in the country, free SMS was their only attraction. I get few or no coverage every time I got out of town. I predict a major exodus of customers from ADAM. That said, their SMS charges is still the lowest in the country. Wonder why I am still texting with Salina. She already has a boyfriend and he's someone I even know quite will. She's confessing that they're having a rough patch right now. That's how I find myself calling her a few times already today when I know I'm better off calling Rose instead. Why do you have to be so far away girl? Don't you know that all those phone calls will cost your dearly? What's gonna happen with us? What's the matter with me? I'm so going to start fasting again tomorrow.

None of my roommates is back yet except for Fendi. Who brought home his girlfriend the other night. I don't even want to think what they're doing in there. Rose said she's thinking of coming down here sometime this month. How thoughtful of her. I'll ask the girls next door if she could stay there for a night. I hope they won't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment