28 January 2001

While I was at work yesterday I received a surprise call from dad telling me that his mother is on her way to KL by bus. That was unexpected. So I requested from my manager Piyah to leave early tonight but somehow she appeared to play dumb or she is really dumb. In the end, I could only get to Puduraya after work at 11:00. I searched everywhere for her but she was nowhere to be found. Only after an hour and half later I got a call from an elderly lady saying my grandma is with her. I couldn't thank her enough.

So grandma or Tok told me the story of how she went to Johore meaning to see her youngest grandchildren Meera and how my stepmother treated her so bad, saying bad things to her and not allowing Meera to speak to even speak to her. She managed to stay there for only today before she decided she'd had enough and come to KL to stay with her relatives. So I called them up and they came to pick up Tok from Puduraya and I end up staying the night at their place in Sentul. Poor Tok. If it wasn't for that kindly old lady at the bus station God knows what could happen to her. Remind me to hate that Rozana woman forever.

Grandma was absolutely delighted naturally when I agreed to stay. She could barely sleep that night. And when I was about to leave, she gave me about a hundred bucks saying it was from Dad. Somehow I'm certain that that money was for her. How selfish of her. Someday I'm going to pay that all back. Her kindness.

There goes my plan of crashing at my Dad's place in Johore this Hari Raya. That evil woman should probably hate me twice as much. No wonder all my relatives in Penang were telling how horrible that woman was. It's so true. I don't know what she did but they said they don't want to see her face ever again. Poor Tok. She only wanted to see her youngest grandchildren. What's the harm in that? She was sobbing over dinner yesterday. I promise I won't do such thing to my parent. I don't know what is wrong with Dad. Maybe that woman cooked up something evil for him. You'll never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment