24 January 2001

I did go to work yesterday but with the sole intention of visiting our panel clinic. My manager was kind enough to let me go without any protest. Sure he will have one crew short but he'll manage. Besides, he just recently hired a couple of new hands at work. Else he'd be begging me to work. Me, I'll just miss a couple of hours of pay.

Back home the local authority came and demolishes every single illegal eateries down below. I was more than happy to see them destroy that crappy mamak stall my friends had been going to but at the same time felt sorry for the other marvelous stalls. That said I had the feeling that those mamak will start rebuilding their stall again in no time. I hope the authorities should come back often. Maybe I should report to them regularly.

Rose and I exchanged some lovely words from a couple of songs last night through SMS. Said she misses me. That has to be good right? Then she was worried that my family would not welcome her. Of course they will my dear. Why shouldn't they? Unlike yours, my family is the nicest, most open and understanding family in the world. Yes I'm being biased but that's the truth. Your family on the other hand. We should be worried about them.

Today also happens to be Chinese New Year. This is the year of the snake. Not that it got anything to do with me. 2,000 years of civilization and they still believe those kind of crap. I pity them. And those damn firecrackers. They've been burning them since 9:15 pm till now. I thought they were already illegal or something?

In other news, my foot is getting better right now. That new medication from the clinic works like a charm. Burnol was essentially useless. Happy CNY.

No comments:

Post a Comment