12 May 2008

Re-formatted, again.

Last Saturday I tried to upgrade my office PC to Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron from Ubuntu 7.10. The upgrade process went well but after reboot, my PC hanged. After twice rebooting and it still hanged, I know I've screwed up my Ubuntu installation. So moral of the story is, my beat-up office PC cannot support Ubuntu 8.04. It's a 11 years old PC anyway, Celeron 800Mhz with 384MB SDRAM. Even the onboard graphic is almost fried. But I'm not complaining or anything. I'm still lucky I guess, considering the fact that some of my co-workers don't have any PCs to work with.
Anyway today I had to revert back to Edubuntu 7.10, that's the only Linux distro that I can install on my PC. It took me nearly two hours to finish that. I think I've installed two many unnecessary programs on my previous installation and this fresh installation sure felt so much lighter with minimal programs installed.

After work I went to Taman Puncak Jalil to pick up my wife and kids. Linda has a friend there, a former co-worker from CIMB. Puan Hajar came to our house from time to time and sometimes we would go visit her house. Today, she came to pick up Linda and the kids and they stayed at her house all afternoon. By the way, Puan Hajar has 2 younger sisters and they're like, how I do say this, hmmm, hot? When I say somebody is pretty then she must be really beautiful, trust me. I heard her sister is working at Jusco in Equine Park now. So guys, I've got Puan Hajar's number and if you'd like to have a go at her sisters, you know what to do he he!

No comments:

Post a Comment