19 August 2008

Yeah I'm back baby, yeah!!

This time bigger, bolder and much more frequent posting (I hope). Just got myself a new modem and sim card and I'm still reeling from the joy of getting reconnected at home. An Internet connection for a blogger is like water for a fish. I felt like Raya came early this year heh! So much to write, so little time. I think I'll post a few things at a time.

Today Bujal and I went to somebody's house to fix something in Shah Alam. The landlord was someone with a title which I won't mention here. This is our second visit for this month alone. Not that I'm complaining or anything. It's our job after all. Last week we went there to fix this recurring problem. We stayed there for like 3 hours trying to fix it. While we were there, the lady of the house cooked this wonderful smelling Penang fish curry. I know that smell really well because my late grandma used to cook it for us all the time when we were young. Besides, all my relatives from Penang knows how to make this original fish curry. This fish curry is different from the one you have at any mamak stall in Selangor or anywhere else outside Penang. Only a real Penangnite can make this particularly delicious fish curry. I normally don't eat most types of fish but for this, I'll make an exception. Anyway my point is the smell of the curry whiffed and filled the entire house including the room where we worked. We've been there for 3 hours and naturally we were ravished and our tummies grumbled even more with that delicious smell.

Back home in my village in Pasir Mas, my mom, grandma and aunts would always serve some refreshment, at least a glass of plain cold water to anyone who visits our house. It doesn't matter if they come for a social visit or to fix our roof, paint the house or cut the long grass in our backyard. One thing for sure they will receive some form of hospitality as our guests. But not at this house we visited today.

I'm not demanding that they invite us for lunch or serve us Mocha Frapucino everytime we visit or anything, just some simple common courtesy would suffice. I guess that word doesn't have much meaning in this urban jungle we live in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment