18 August 2008

I never thought I would be so glad to see this modem start page on my dekstop pc at home. It took us quite some time to acquire a new wireless HSDPA modem after losing the old one because this thing don't come cheap you know. Last Saturday we went to Maxis HQ next to KLCC to purchase a new modem and to get a new sim card. As I said before, Maxis wireless broadband customers never own the modem that come with their subscription. It belongs to Maxis and we're just borrowing it (you pay for the rent every month in your bill). Once you decide to terminate the service, you'll have to return the complete modem set or you'll have to pay a cool RM599 for the entire thing. Plus if you decide to stop the subscription in less than a year, you'll have to fork out another 200 ringgit as a penalty (no charge for over a year). That sucks.

So I took my family to KLCC last Saturday for jalan-jalan and to get that modem. The broadband counter was located in the middle of that Maxis Center and it was manned by 2 staffs. I didn't know we have to sit down first and wait for our turn to be called cause there wasn't any queue number system or whatever. Apparently those guys are so good that they can remember everybody who come there and when their turn is. I stood there like and idiot for like 2 minutes before they told me to sit first.

We waited for our turn for about 20 minutes. We got a new modem and a sim card and the guy said we'll be connected again after 2 hours. 3 hours later at home, I tried to connect to the Internet but failed. I tried everything with the modem for around 2 hours before calling it quits.

The next day I went to Maxis KLCC again to ask about my connection. Apparently they activated the old sim card instead of the new one that they gave me yesterday. Duh. So they gave me a new sim card and activated it on the spot and they tested the connection right there and it worked. I went home this time with high spirits but guess what, not connected.

The next day, right after work I ran to Maxis KLCC again to get it fixed. This time there was no queue and the staff at the counter solved my problem in like 5 minutes. This time I took no risks and borrowed somebody's laptop and tested the Internet connection on the spot. Finally they activated the right sim card and here I am back online after going through so much trouble. I'm ever so grateful to those guys at Maxis KLCC, I don't know what'll I do without their help. So to you two guys manning the Maxis broadband counter in KLCC last weekend I'd like to say a big, fat, f*ck you! Thanks for making me go to KLCC 3 days in a row. I'd like to claim my petrol and toll money with Ananda Krishnan. Can somebody give me his e-mail address please?

3 comments:

  1. They've upgraded the modem's firmware didn't you? Did you get the big modem or the USB one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that. I got the big modem la what else. The small USB one gonna cost me 200 more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. im gonna move to celcom broadband. juz can't wait for that time.. haha!

    ReplyDelete