7 August 2009

Tomorrow will be exactly 3 years since I started work here at my current company. I remembered then, nearly 2 months unemployed after I quit my last job and then suddenly I got hired out of the blue. Imagine my relief. I didn't get paid much then but something is always better than nothing, right? At least it's enough to put some food on the table and pay the bills. I started out as a little computer technician. Then upgraded to something slightly better. For now I'm the procurement guy but rumours has it I will be the technician guy once more, for a while at least. But that's just rumours. It might be nothing.

One thing for sure, I've learned a lot since I've been here. I can't thank you enough, my friends and my colleagues who have thought me so much all these while. And of course I had to thank the company for hiring me in the first place.

Before I worked here, there's only Adam, now we've got Mia. Before this we go everywhere on a bike. Now we've got a roof above our head. Before this I always shave my head bald and I weigh a ton. Well, actually almost a hundred kilos but as you can see, I'm a changed man now. When I stared work here, there's only 30 of us. Now it's double of that and we've also grown and acquired the building the door. As always there are some good times and there are some bad times. The important thing is we learn from the bad times and be grateful for the good times.

3 years might not be such a long time compared to some of the older guys here but half of the people who signed up together with me is gone now. I don't want to sound cocky but I don't usually like to change my jobs too often. I like to be at one place for a long period of time. As long the company treats me well and with respect, I will do my best for the company. Hopefully for many more years to come?