21 March 2010

Yesterday was my big day out hunting for jobs. I went to 5 McDonald's outlet around town. The first one was only 4 kilometers away at The Mines Shopping Fair. The nice little manager there (Siti) said that the place is swarmed with inquiries especially from UPM students like me meaning that I have slim or little chance of getting a job there. Next stop was the Kajang store. Same nice manager but no hope either.

While I was heading to KL somehow I detoured to PJ instead and found myself at this store inside Wisma Thrifty. The manager there asked me all sorts of question which should be a good sign. Towards the end I found out she was also from UPM so that's quite promising. She said to come back tomorrow for an interview (woot!).

As it was already dark and I haven't eaten anything yet the entire day, I stopped by the Dayabumi building right in the middle of the city meaning to eat something. I was surprised to find the entire building completely deserted. I guess after KLCC nobody wanted to come here anymore huh. Perhaps they should turn this place into a museum or something. I did found the Dayabumi McDonald's in the end hidden at one corner of the building. Thank God. I thought I'll never get to use this Privilege Card which entitles one free sundae or apple pie with every 5 ringgit or more purchase. After dinner I asked them for an application form and right after I returned them, the elderly store manager asked me to come back tomorrow for yet another interview. So now it's 2 prospective employment in one day!