28 May 2009

Today I brought my family for dinner at Kaya Kopitiam next to the BHP petrol station along the north-south highway near Sungai Besi. Don't know why but I suddenly have this huge craving to eat anything at a Kopitiam. Since Old Town is out of bounds, I had to settle for this little unknown place.

There was not much to choose from from the menu. There's the usual noodle soups, fried noodles, toast with kaya, nasi lemak and several types of drinks. Strangely enough there was also 6 different kinds of hot dogs on the menu at Kaya Kopitiam which pretty much ruined the rustic kopitiom look and feel at this place.

Anyway both of us ordered the laksa Sarawak noodle soup. I don't usually have laksa but this one is quite different from the Penang variety. And after tucking in, I must say they're quite good too. Worthy of the RM6.80 price tag that they put for the menu. Yeah, like many franchise restaurants the food here is slightly overpriced. The main course starts from RM5.00 onwards. Hot drinks for RM1.50 and cold drinks, double that. FYI you can also pay with your Touch N Go card.

That said, I think I might just return to eat there again some time in the future. I have yet to try the meatball spaghetti and noodle soup.