3 January 2000

Assalamualaikum,

I've always wanted to keep a diary. Not that I never did before but I always end up losing interest half way through the year. This time I'll make sure it won't happen again.

First of all I'd like to thank God Al-Mighty for giving me the strength to live till this very moment. Of course I wouldn't be writing this if I'm already dead. I planned to start writing on the first day of the year but as always something came up and I kept postponing. Ops, everyone's awake, gtg now!

11:32 AM

Oh man, I missed the Subuh prayer. In fact I missed all the Subuh prayers this new millennium. So much for a great start. So here I am still at my uncle's place in Puchong. Actually I would have returned earlier this morning if only all my clothes are dry. Unfortunately they were not and I don't plan to ride my bike wearing those damp clothes. I ate so much last night. I think I'm gonna go hungry for another 2 days. But then my friends would be worried sick of me.

The Millennium Celebration My Millennium Celebration


The fact that it occurs once every thousand years made me all more eager to celebrate it somewhere special with my friends. If only my bike didn't broke down.

The Bike

After receiving my loan money which is around RM2300 something, I started thinking of getting myself a bike. Furthermore my friend generously lent me a thousand ringgit to fulfill my dream (thanks a lot Isa!). At first I was thinking of getting a brand new bike but then after considering the price and the debts incurred to me for the next 2 or 3 years I decided against it. My friend Ali said he can get me a 2nd hand RX-Z for just RM2300. So here I am with my new bike. Although it's made in 1985, I got a brand new engine, brand new Michelin tires and alloy rims. Only one thing though, the tank currently looks really bad, bend and broken like it just went through an accident (and it probably has). Of course Isa kindly offered to buy me a new tank using his money again but I politely decline. So now I'm riding around with a really bad tank. Shit.

Up until now I think I spent over RM150 for my bike and I believe it won't stop here. A new problem seemed to prop up everyday. This is what you get for buying a second hand bike, shit.

Hold on, I was telling you about my millennium celebration right? So how come I'm telling you about my bike? Whatever. Actually we planned to go party or something at Suria KLCC. But sadly I'm left behind because my bike is so problematic, it would never make it downtown. So I stayed at home and watch Azlan fix my bike. Hmm, what an interesting thing to do on a new year eve.

Anyway near midnight I went to the 7-Eleven store in Sri Serdang. I bought 2 cups of Hello Kitty ice cream, a can of coke and a pack of Marlboro cigarettes. There was such a long queue in 7-Eleven that night I came out to realize it's already a minute past midnight. Dang, I actually celebrated the new millennium at 7-Eleven! Outside I saw several Rela members patrolling you know, for the Millennium Bug. God knows maybe a few zillion gigantic bug would fall from the sky and eat us all ha ha! They probably didn't realize my smirking face as I walk past them.

Later I went to TTDI college and sat under the lamp post for no apparent reason. I think I smoked about 7 sticks while I'm there. I only left around 1:00 AM when my stomach started to act up. I think coke and Hello Kitty ice creams don't go well together. I slept around 1:30 today which is really early by my standard. Usually I only sleep after 6:30 or 8:00 in the morning. It's been an awfully boring new year. Well at least somebody must be having fun.

Damn those people for leaving me alone at home.

Happy New Year, nevertheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment