5 January 2000

So this is our house. I think they're currently 12 people living here but I'm not quite sure. The rent is RM95 per month plus 5 bucks for electricity and water bill. I only got to know everybody here last semester when I was at Kolej 10. I made 4 new friends this week. I've never met any of them last year. Well there's no harm in making many new friends right? Who knows you gonna need their help someday.

Our house is on number 4 Jalan Desa Serdang 8, Taman Desa Serdang, 43300 Seri Kembangan, Selangor. It's just a stone throw away from the Besraya highway which is next to Kolej 10. We moved here because the fees for Kolej 10 will rise significantly this year besides the fact that we'd like to learn how to live on our own. And yeah we like to keep our freedom from pesky university guards. It's a double storey terrace overlooking a lovely playground. We have many UPM students staying round here. The first time I stepped into this house it was completely empty. Now it's packed with a dozen people and their stuff. We also have a half a dozen bike parked under the porch. Blackouts is rare around here but water shortage is quite common. Some time only water from the sink tap is running. I wonder when will the landlord fix this problem. Nevertheless, I'm quite happy living here at the moment. Here's a brief description of everybody who lives here.

Sazali Kamaruzzaman (Ali), 20, Selangor

For some reason he's the unanimous leader of the gang. He's responsible for coming up with the idea of living outside and finding this house, dealing with the landlord and everything. He looks and sound very mature indeed.

Shamsul (Sham), 20, Perak

I can't seem to remember his full name. Sham is our secretary cum treasurer. He collects the rent and pay our bills. He's really helpful in the kitchen too. A computer science student just like me although he's a semester behind. Nice fellow.

Zaharil (Zaril). 20, Kedah

Zaril is one pleasant and friendly fellow. He talks and jokes a lot and he helps around in the kitchen too.

Mohd Isa Suparman (Isa), 20, Selangor

Isa is definitely my best friend ever. Last semester he selflessly lent me his bike so that I can go to class while he rides pillion on his friend's bike. Last week he lent me a thousand ringgit of his loan money so that I can get a bike for myself. And we only met last semester! Isa also bought me lunch and dinner regularly and he's one hell of a cook.

Azlan (Lan), 20, Kedah


Lan shares the same room with me. He likes to sms on the phone a lot. He's really good with bikes and mechanical stuff but he coughs a lot despite the fact that he doesn't smoke.

Fazli, 20, Selangor

I'm not sure if he actually lives here or not. For one thing he didn't pay the rent yet and he just park his bag here and went missing for days. He never goes to class and nobody knows what he does all day. Rumours has it he's already married. Why, so young but already married ma? Hmm, wonder why..

Faizal. 19, Terengganu

Faizal was really eager to join us here last semester. But then he started hanging out with his state mates and eventually he only comes home to bath and change. It's no surprise that he packed and left to live with his 'friends' later on.

Fairoz (Apai), 20, Johor

Mild and friendly, that best describe Apai. He doesn't get mad often no matter what you say to him. Not much to say about him.

Fendi, 20, Selangor

Fendi looks really unfriendly to me at first but once you get to know him, he's quite okay.He's really generous with his friends and he never says no whenever anybody ask him to go out together.Girls beware though, this is one big crocodile (buaya). I think he's got like 3 girlfriends or something at the moment.

Zulkifli (Zul), 20, Kelantan


Zul looks quite ancient, err I mean old with his unshaven face and all but the truth is he's only 20. Friendly chap.

Yus 21, Kelantan

Yus is the eldest of all of us here. His RX-Z bike is really fast and he's not a bad cook too.

Azizan (Jai), 20, Kelantan

He used to help me out once. I owe him one for that. He's not officially a member of this house yet but he came here all the time. Probably next semester he'll be here for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment