14 March 2008

Seri Mutiara restaurant (Bursa Malaysia: SERI) until recently has been one of my favourite eatery in Seri Kembangan and Serdang area. It was introduced to me by a friend who couldn't seem to stop babbling about it. Therefore one day I decided to give it a try myself. True to its reputation, Seri Mutiara does indeed serves the best Malay food you can find south of Kuala Lumpur. From that day onward, anytime I feel like eating out (that's like every other day) my first choice would be Seri Mutiara restaurant. It's rather difficult to pinpoint the exact location of this restaurant and all I can say is, it's situated in Bandar Putra Permai between Pasar Borong Selangor and Vista Pinggiran, across the road from Equine Park. If you know where Samir Maju restaurant is then Seri Mutiara is just around the corner near a 7-Eleven outlet.
Unfortunately that was before the change of it's administration. Previously Seri Mutiara was run by this excellent cook in his mid 40s along with his lovely wife presumably from southern Thailand (judging by the license plate number). After the elections though, those couple are nowhere to be seen and the restaurant is run by their helpers instead, some young boys who are certainly don't know how to cook. We started to notice the decline in quality earlier this week and yesterday was the last straw when they made a really awful mee bandung for my wife and the nasi goreng pattaya I ordered was somewhat bland. So until the real cook shows up at that place I think I'm gonna stop visiting them for a while.
Crap, now I have to go to Selera Waris restaurant and risk being stung by killer bees.

No comments:

Post a Comment