9 March 2008

I am still recovering from yesterday's euphoria. Although I didn't get much sleep last night, I woke up this morning and drove to the nearest newspaper stand to get the morning's paper. Then I turned on the TV hoping to get the latest news on the election but I only see cartoons instead. Dang. I am definitely delighted with the results. We finally managed to deny them 2/3 majority in Parliament and as a bonus, got 5 states from their grasp. PAS even won a landslide in Kelantan, taking 39 out of the 45 state seats. I'm glad that I played my little part for this historic change. That proves if we all play our own part, no matter how small, we can always succeed in whatever we do.

Tired as I am, I can barely sleep this morning from all the excitement. So at 2:30 PM, I decided to drive back to KL anyway despite my lack of sleep. The first few hours was okay la, but it rained almost all the way to Bentong and after Bentong I started to get very-very sleepy. I can barely keep my eyes open and focus on the road while I'm driving through Cheras. Thankfully we arrived in Seri Kembangan in one piece. I swear I'm not going trough all that ever again (driving without enough sleep). It's not worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment