21 March 2008

An accident and a false alarm

Earlier this morning one of my officemate was involved in an accident in Seri Kembangan town. My friend accidentally rammed into the back of another car at this busy intersection near the Petronas station. Abang Din, Bujal and I quickly rushed to the accident site to help our damsel in distress who was surrounded by no less than half a dozen tow truck operators. The owner of the other car didn't stop to argue with my friend because he left immediately after the accident. Instead we haggled with those relentless tow truck operators for nearly an hour before we finally agreed to let them tow the car to the nearest police station.

Honestly, I don't trust those tow truck operators. They're like vultures hunting for prey. My mom had to use their services twice before and they charge a bomb to tow her car only for a really short distance. Then the workshop that they towed the car into will charge an arm and a leg for the repairs.
Later in the afternoon, Linda complained of intermittent pains on her tummy. Being the caring husband as I am (ahem), I quickly rushed to her office to pick her and head for the hospital. As I was making my way there, my wife informed me that she's quite okay now and she didn't think she's going into labour anytime soon. I fetched her anyway and went to Klinik Jameaton to get her checked up. The doctor confirmed that our baby girl is not ready to come out yet so I guess it's just a false alarm. Still, since Linda is already in her 36 week, delivery is a real possibility.

So to Bujal (who got really excited) and all my friends at the office, my wife is okay and you guys don't need to buy those presents yet. Tomorrow I'll be coming to work as usual. Everything is fine. Thanks for your wishes and concern.

2 comments:

  1. I guess our friend was in a hurry to get to work and found herself in this mishap. That road is my route to work everyday, so I'll be extra careful from now on..I guess..

    ReplyDelete
  2. cian ipah... i understand her feelings...

    ur baby is trying to play her 1st hide n seek... hehehe!

    ReplyDelete