18 March 2008

I'm writing this as I sat at a McDonald's outlet in Bukit Bintang. I've always wanted to do this, have breakfast at McD in the morning, reading the morning's newspaper without a care in the world. And today, after so many years I did it. Not that it's a big deal or anything. Plus today I come here to KL with a critical mission. To upgrade and repair the notebook of the CEO of the company which supplies water to everyone in Selangor. Actually we received the notebook 2 weeks ago but since everybody in my dept have been stumped with work for the past few weeks, what's with the election and all, we kinda put the notebook on hold. I know that's not a solid excuse and we should have sorted out our priorities but let's face it, we can only do so much with two persons on the job.

Anyway The Boss directed me to make sure everything is done by the end of the day so here I am, waiting for Plaza Low Yat to open at this McD outlet right in the middle of the city center. I've just finished cleaning up this notebook from viruses (all 2 dozens of them) and along the way I stumbled upon some interesting pictures and video clips inside. Let's just say the CEO has 3 lovely daughters he he!
Fast-forward 5:00 PM, we managed to deliver the notebook with everything fixed and upgraded just in time. There we (Bujal and I) met our old colleague Jali and we went to Bangsar for a drink after work. First we stopped at a Nokia store cause Jali wanted to buy a brand new phone. I saw this neat little phone, a Nokia 2630 which caught my fancy. And at RM499 (original set) it's really affordable too. Yes I can afford it but then I have other responsibilities too. The reality is, when you're married with kids, you'll have to think long and hard before you spend your hard-earned money on anything of luxury. Therefore I could just watch with a slight envy when Jali bought that brand new 3G Nokia phone today. Dam jealous one!
We caught this picture of an ogre right outside the Nokia store..

4 comments:

  1. Oooh..godek someone else's computer ek? haha..

    ReplyDelete
  2. so now an ogre cannot be found in swamp but living near the nokia place.. hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tak lah, Bubu jadi orang-orang halau mat pet kat Bangsar.

    ReplyDelete