29 March 2008

Balik kampung once again.

Since there's no one to look after me wife here, I have no choice but so send her back to Tanah Merah where she has her parent to take care of her there. We left early in the morning, right after dawn. I have to take an emergency leave today because obviously I didn't have enough time to apply for a proper annual leave. I think this is the 2nd (or is it 3rd?) time that I've ever taken an emergency leave since I worked here. I know my boss doesn't approve his staff taking emergency leaves so often but once or twice a year should be okay kan?

We stopped twice, first in Bentong for breakfast and the other is for a toilet break in Gua Musang. Traffic was relatively clear all the way to Tanah Merah.

In normal circumstances, I'm the kind of driver who usually abide by the rules. I never cut queues, over take at double lines and only occasionally drive over the speed limit. Today is no different also. I followed all the rules up until this one place in Kuala Krai where I was trailing this ridiculously slow van down the road. The driver is either enjoying a leisurely cruise or his vehicle has a speed delimiter of sort, like those F1 cars do which limits his top speed to around 50km/h. Anyway I got so fed up of waiting behind this old man, I overtook him at this one corner which happen to have a double line on it. Just my luck, about 100 meters from there, a traffic police flagged me into their pit stop. To cut the story short, I got ceremoniously fined that day. The second time in my entire driving career. My first police summons was for parking my bike in Petaling Street. Damn !@#$%^ van driver!

That pretty much ruined my time in Tanah Merah. I did gave the ticket to Linda's dad hoping that he could somehow kowtim with his peers in Kuala Krai so that I can get a discount or something. I read somewhere on the Internet that the rates have come down recently but I guess only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment